- To deflate the life belt,remove and invert the black cap on the oral inflation tube.Press down on the black cap while compressing the air chamber to remove the air from inside the life belt.Once the air chamber is fully deflated,return the black cap onto the top of the oral inflation tube.
- Lay the life belt on a clean flat surface and flatten the air chamber and the belt.
- Replace the CO2 cylinder
- Fold the side with the CO2 cartridge into the belt first.Continue to fold the air chamber on top of itself in an according manner.Insure that the pull cord is not trapped under the air bag,but is positioned to hang out of the bottom of the jacket.
- Once you are halfway down the belt,fold over the belt and Velcro the first half of the life belt closed.
- Continue folding the air chamber on top of itself and work down to the end of life belt.
- Once the air chamber is folded all the way down,fold the belt over the air chamber and Velcro the belt closed.
Changing CO2 Cylinder
A 24g CO2 cylinder with 1/2 inch thread is required.Simply unscrew the old cylinder and replace with a new cylinder(Do not use any tools).Check the rubber O-ring located inside the connection device.Replace the O-Ring if it is broken.
Maintenance of the inflate life belt
- Do not drop it from a substantial height.
- Keep out of direct sun for long periods of time.
- Keep it away from oils,acids,alkali,sharp objects,etc.
- Check the air chamber regularly from damage and/or leaks.Replace it if any leaks are found.
- Replace the CO2 cartridge after each use.
- Store the life belt in a cool place out of the sun.
- Replace it after 6 years of use.
- Check expiration date of CO2 cartridge before use.